Last updated: November 20, 2017
Updates to this Policy
From time to time we may update this Policy. When we do so, we will publish the changes on this page.
Information You Provide to Us and How We Use It
To access certain areas of our Site or utilize certain functionality thereof, including our online store, you may need to register with us and/or submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, email address and telephone number, and, if you make a purchase with us, payment details). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to provide you with services requested by you and/or to facilitate your use of our online store.
In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide such details while visiting our store, or when you contact us by telephone.
If you choose to interact with us via a social media platform or other third-party service, we may collect any information you have provided to us through that platform.
We may also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Site, as described in the below section bearing the header “Cookies.”
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- manage and fulfill purchase orders and to provide after-sale service;
- collect fees and other amounts owed in connection with orders placed through the Site;
- collect and address your inquiries and requests;
- send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmations;
- send you marketing communications (including emails) relating to us and our third-party partners;
- conduct market research so that we can improve the services we provide to our customers;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of our efforts to keep the Site secure; and
- understand how the Site is used so that we can continuously improve Site, its functionality and its product offerings.
You may opt not to receive promotional emails from us by contacting us or by following “Unsubscribe” instructions in any promotional email you receive from us. Please note, however, that we may still send you non-promotional emails about your relationship with us.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are used to identify your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website that you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners and operators of websites.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First-party cookies, which are served directly by us to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by us to identify your computer or mobile device when you visit and return to the Site.
- Third-party cookies, which are served by a third-party service provider on the Site and can be used by the service provider to identify your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites. Third-party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. “Session cookies” exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. “Permanent cookies” survive after your browser is closed and can be used to recognize your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
By accessing or using the Site, you consent to the placement of cookies on your computer or mobile device as described in this Policy. If you prefer not to receive cookies through the Site, you may control how your browser responds to cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings of your web browser. Unless you set your browser settings to refuse all cookies, our system may issue cookies when you access or use the Site. If you set your browser settings to refuse all cookies, be advised that the performance of certain features of the Site may be limited or not work at all.
About Advertising and Third Parties
The Site may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third-party platforms after you leave our Site, and we may use third-party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Site and viewing of ads and of our content. Advertisements displayed by network advertisers may be based on your visits to the Site and other apps and sites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested.
We do not control the privacy practices of third parties and hereby disclaim any responsibility for any information shared through third parties. Please contact those websites and services directly if you wish to learn about their privacy practices or address a concern over third-party advertising.
Sharing Your Information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- we may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- we may disclose your personal information to any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
Information we collect may be transferred to, stored and processed in any country or territory where we or any third-party service providers are located or maintain facilities. While other territories may not have the same standards of data protection as those within your home country, we will continue to protect the personal information we transfer in accordance with this Policy.
Protecting Your Information
We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it in order to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We maintain appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any personal information that identifies you. You also play a role in protecting this information; please safeguard your access credentials and any information (including without limitation personal and financial information) submitted to the Site and do not share them with others. If we receive instructions associated with your credentials or identifying information, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your credentials or any other breach of security related to the Site. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse to provide access to the Site, to terminate your credentials, and to remove or edit content from the Site.
How to Edit, Delete or Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us at the address provided below. You can also use this address if you wish to request access to the personal data we hold about you or to unsubscribe from any further email marketing communications.
Steven Fox Jewelry, 8 Lewis Street, Greenwich, CT 06830
4829-2961-8518, v. 1